The “Work From Home” crowd grew exponentially in the year 2020, when a global pandemic shuttered businesses and forced the world to adjust. Now that bosses worldwide have grown accustomed to employees working from home, and understand it’s not a productivity-killing harbinger, we can all celebrate.
Work From Home Day is on January 3rd and celebrates our ability to accomplish the most difficult of work-related tasks with the shortest commute humanly possible. When January 3rd falls on a weekend, Work From Home Day is celebrated on the next Monday.
To help you Work From Home in style and productivity, here are a few tips to getting the most out of your time.
Work From Home Tips
- Start your day with a routine
- Dress for success
- Set a schedule and stick to it
- Create private, dedicated work space
- Prevent distractions (ex: white noise machine)
- Invest in ergonomics
- Get the right technology & software
- Have a to do list and calendar system
- Stay off social media
- Schedule breaks and stick to them
- Don’t snack on junk- eat healthy meals
- Set expectations and monitor them
- Leave the house for fresh air
- Create dedicated video space or studio
- Meet in Person regularly (both audio & video!)
- Develop a document-sharing strategy
- Make time for socializing
- End your day with a routine
We’ll be updating this page with more information from the comfort of our home- be sure to check back soon!