It’s safe to say that Wordle has become a word puzzle sensation, launching in October 2021 and selling to The New York Times for $10M+ USD in January 2022.
Although it may seem that Wordle’s ascension came out of nowhere, that doesn’t appear to be completely true: Viewers of the 1988 American TV Game Show LINGO will recall a very similar concept.
In the spirit of spinoffs, here are 10 Wordle Alternatives that you can play… when “once a day” just isn’t enough:
- Bardle – Shakespearean vocabulary Wordle
- Crosswordle – Wordle with intersecting words
- Globle – map-based game Wordle
- Hello Wordl – longer words (up to 11-letters)
- Lewdle – NSFW Wordle
- Quordle – 4 word at once (9 guesses)
- Squabble – play Wordle against other people!
- Word Master – Wordle with unlimited plays
- Worldl – Wordle geography game
- Wordle Unlimited – unlimited Wordle
Which of these games like Wordle is your favorite?