WonderCon is one of the biggest anime conventions each year in Anaheim, California. Today, Nintendo announced that it will have a booth at the show where attendees will be able to play some upcoming Nintendo Wii U and 3DS games, while also playing current releases like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. There will also be an amiibo tournament for fans to participate in.
Fans who want to participate in the Smash amiibo tournament are encouraged to bring their most powerful amiibo with them to WonderCon and register before the tournament start time. Thirty-two players will be selected at random to compete in Smash and the first-place winner will receive a gold Mario amiibo. There are various other amiibo prizes for second and third place. There will be several amiibo tournaments throughout all three days and you’ll need to sign up an hour ahead of time to participate.
Here’s a quick list of all the games that will be playable at Nintendo’s booth:
- Splatoon (Wii U)
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (Nintendo 3DS)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
- Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition (Nintendo 3DS)
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (exclusive to New Nintendo 3DS XL)