We don’t have flying cars (yet) but Samsung is on the verge of launching some very George Jetson-like products that you won’t be able to resist. Among them is the Samsung Bot Handy which was just announced at CES 2021.
The Samsung Bot Handy has an advanced AI system that can recognize and grab objects of various sizes, shapes, and weights, for example the dirty dishes your roommate left in the kitchen sink.
It uses this information much like self-driving vehicles to perform various household tasks wherever you need an extra hand. For example, carefully taking those same dirty dishes and placing them in the dishwasher.
Pouring wine and doing the dishes is just the start: here are some other ideas of what Samsung’s robot butler can (or will) eventually do:
- Tidy up your bedroom and put dirty clothes in the hamper
- Fold your clothes when the laundry is complete
- Fetch you a beer from the fridge
- Set the dinner table for supper time
- Put groceries away into the refrigerator
- Feed the dog, cat, fish, or other pet
- Pack your kid’s lunch
- Take the garbage out
- Drive to your place of work, perform all your tasks, make friends with your boss, and take your job.
Alright, that last one is a joke, but you get the idea: Samsung Bot Handy has ridiculous potential.
It’s still in development, but the early look at CES 2021 is incredibly promising. Don’t believe me? See for yourself.
Say hello to the future!
Hope to see you soon, Bot buddy… Don’t forget that glass of wine!