In case you’ve been living under a rock this week, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the latest AAA, Nintendo Switch exclusive just launched today! Priced at $59.99, the game is an enhanced port of Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U. That price may seem steep for certain individuals, but there’s a way to get the digital, eShop version for only $50.
Earlier this month, Amazon launched their new service called “Amazon Cash.” By printing out a bar code (or displaying it on your phone), and going to a supported retailer, you can load up your Amazon account with money. All you need to do is let the cashier scan your barcode at the checkout and load your account with anywhere from $15 to $500.
Until June 30, 2017, Amazon is running a promotion where, if you load your account with $50, you get a $10 “digital credit” for use towards digital items…like a digital copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or an eShop card on Amazon!
Here’s a link to the promotion.
I just used this to get my copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and, while I’m kinda bummed I had to go to the drugstore to do this, I’m not bummed I got a nice discount on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
What you’ll need:
- An iPhone, Android device, or printer
- Transportation to one of the supported retailers (listed below)
Here are the exact steps:
- Navigate to the Amazon Cash website
- Click “Get your barcode”
- Have Amazon text you the barcode or print it out yourself.
- Go to one of the supported retailers (listed below)
- Have the cashier scan your barcode
- Load your account with $50
- Buy a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe digital code or $50 eShop card on Amazon
And here are the supported retailers:
- CVS Pharmacy
- Kum & Go
- D&W Fresh Market
- Family Fare
- VG’s Grocery
And that’s it! Nice and simple, especially if you’re close to one of the stores. How are you guys enjoying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Let us know in the comments below and feel free to share friend codes! Here’s mine: