Nintendo has released a pretty big update to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch, which brings a lot of changes to the game.
The patch, version 1.2, brings a number of changes. For example, if you are well behind in an online match, you’ll receive items to help you catch up to the rest more frequently.
The update also removes the possibility of using an item after it was used to block and attack.
Here’s are the complete patch notes for Mario Kart Deluxe version 1.2:
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.
Last month, Nintendo released an update to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe that removed an offensive gesture.