Today’s Google I/O keynote saw the unveiling of the Acer Chromebook, part of a one-two punch delivered as the next generation of Chrome netbooks. Acer’s option comes in as the lowest priced and features an 11.6-inch HD Widescreen CineCrystal backlit LED display, Intel Atom dual-core CPU, and built-in Wi-Fi with option world-more 3G. In addition, Acer’s Chromebook gets an HD webcam with noise canceling microphone and plenty of connectivity including USB, memory card slot, and HDMI port. All of this in a package that weighs a mere 2.95 pounds and from a $349 price point. Here are more details on the specs:
- 11.6″ HD Widescreen CineCrystalTM LED-backlit LCD
- 2.95 lbs. | 1.34 kg.
- 6 hours of continuous usage 1
- Intel® AtomTM Dual-Core Processor
- Built in dual-band Wi-Fi and World-mode 3G (optional)
- HD Webcam with noise cancelling microphone
- High-Definition Audio Support
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- 4-in-1 memory card slot
- HDMI port
- Fullsize Chrome keyboard
- Oversize fully-clickable trackpad
It can all be yours starting June 15th from Amazon or Best Buy. Head over to the Acer Chromebook forums to discuss.